Thursday, October 17, 2013

Biggest Mediterranean Island?

Any guesses on what it is? If you guessed Sicily, you were right! Only knowing little about this Italian island, I tried to look into what makes Sicily's visitors never forget it. I finally was able to find a website that gives a really great summary of Sicily's historical prominence and why this writer believes it is unforgettable. Just read through the first two sections!
I personally have never thought of Sicily being that big, but I think what makes it seem even bigger is that it is a little tricky to get around. Here is a map that I found to get acquainted with where the island is and then zoom in to see the general layout of it! Once you are zoomed in, you can read the information ("Five Top Sights") below that describe the locations.
After all of this, I would check out this website to give your brain a fun way of learning more about Sicily while getting to look at pictures. I had never before heard of boutique wineries! Anyone who wants to quickly understand what they are, read this!
This is a lot of information to take in, but in terms of traveling to Sicily I will leave you all with this! I hope you learned something about this seemingly amazing Italian island!

This video may have some cheesy music, but it shows a lot of the sights that were on the map and the websites that we looked at!
 
 
Watch this!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Just found this link!
    http://www.cnn.com/video/shows/anthony-bourdain-parts-unknown/season-2/sicily/index.html

    ReplyDelete